***Not sure why my 1st post didn't show all the pics....so here it is again with pics***
This is a very long winded post......mostly for scrapbooking/journal purposes......so go ahead and just skip down to the pics!!!!! But this is our "birth story"......and no, you don't have to "give birth" to have a "birth story"!
This is a very long winded post......mostly for scrapbooking/journal purposes......so go ahead and just skip down to the pics!!!!! But this is our "birth story"......and no, you don't have to "give birth" to have a "birth story"!
When Jeremiah and I first got married, we talked about how many kids we would have. I came from a family with 2 kids....he came from a family with 4 kids. We decided that 3 would be our lucky in between number.....I was positive that I wanted more than 2 kids. I always wanted a sister and I am sure my brother wished I was a boy....we were also 5 years apart, so when we were young, we spent more time hating each other than we did playing with each other. I knew that I wanted my own kids closer in age and thought with more than 2, they were bound to be friends!! When we realized that we were going to be dealing with infertility problems, we realized we were going to be lucky to even have 1!!!
After Zoe was born, we realized how blessed we were.....we had not only been blessed with a little boy, but also a little girl! One of each!!! And they were close in age......so they were bound to grow up to be friends! :) We were blessed! Jeremiah was convinced (and tried his hardest to convince me) that we were done. We were convinced. We were done. We sold everything that had to do with a baby. We were lucky to have 2. We were lucky to have 2 that were healthy. We were lucky to have 2 that were adorable. We realized how nice it was to have kids that were growing up and becoming independent. And then we realized that we had kids that were growing up and becoming independent.......I realized I missed the baby stages. Although we were convinced we were done, the "2 kid" thing was always in the back of my head.....remember, I always said I didn't want only 2 kids!?!?!!?
On a hot July afternoon, I took the kids to Golden Spoon for a frozen yogurt snack. We were having a regular conversation about meaningless things when out of the blue, Zoe asked "Mommy, why did you and Daddy only want 2 kids?" I told her that we were so lucky to have 2 kids....and we loved having a boy and a girl! She said she wanted 1 more baby in our family....a girl of course! Ayden then chimed in and said he wanted more babies in our family....a boy AND a girl! Then I had to remind them that "Mommy can't have babies in her tummy and if we wanted another baby in our family, we would have to find another birthmom like Crystal or Lydia that has a baby in her tummy and wants to let the baby be in our family." They then suggested that we ask my good friend Angela to have a baby for us!! HAHA!! I thought that was funny....if only it was just that easy, right?!?!? Well, now that I look back, they obviously knew something that we didn't.....and that conversation was needed to get that baby hunger feeling embedded in my head which was necessary for what was about to come in the following months!
Quickly after that conversation with the kids, I starting getting a baby itch. What??? "A baby itch....but I thought we were done!?!?!" Yes, those were Jeremiah's exact words to me when I told him I thought we should have another baby. I couldn't really explain myself.....all I could do was tell him "I just have the feeling we should have another"! I can't really explain it any other way.....it was a feeling I had.....a VERY strong feeling.....an URGENT feeling.....the kind of urgent where if you don't do something about it is going to eat away at your insides! It was a feeling that I recognized and had had twice before.....once when we were getting ready to adopt Ayden and again when we were getting ready to adopt Zoe. I can't explain it......if you have been through adoption before, you probably know exactly what I am talking about and if you haven't, you probably have no idea! So I knew that this feeling had to mean something and it wasn't something I could just let pass up. In fact, I had just been talking to a friend from church the week before who was struggling getting pregnant and considering adoption....I told her to pay attention to that "urgent" feeling....cuz that feeling usually means that there is a birthmom out there somewhere that might be thinking about adoption and that baby might be the one meant to come to her family! Who knew that I was really doing self talk with myself.....teaching myself a lesson on paying attention to that urgent feeling that I was going to feel very soon myself!
It took me a while (well, only a few nights of keeping him up past his bedtime telling him all the reasons it would be great to have another baby), but I was finally able to convince Jeremiah that we were indeed meant to be a family of 5!! We decided that we would turn in our adoption papers at the beginning of the year....in January or February. We thought for a minute......and it was a very short minute......about maybe trying IVF again. And then we remembered what a nightmare roller coaster that was and decided against it. I also had a really strong feeling that there was another baby out there that we were supposed to adopt! Not only that, but another birthmom out there that we were supposed to fall in love with! We have had the GREATEST experience with both of our adoptions.....we have loved both of our birthmoms......and the thought of another one being out there gave me the chills!! I remembered the emotions that exist with adoption and the ups and downs and the chance that you may not get to bring home the baby that you thought was meant for your family.....all of a sudden, that was all very clear in my hand.....so clear that I remembered it like it was just yesterday. I knew there was that risk, I knew it would be a roller coaster of emotions, but I KNEW without a doubt that I wanted to experience that all over again!!
Although we decided that we should wait til early next year to turn in our adoption papers, I couldn't get this "urgent" feeling out of my mind. Patience has never been one of my strengths.......so again, this was a test!! My mind was consumed by baby thoughts.....I was obsessed with the idea.....it drove me nuts 24/7!! :) And January felt so far away!!!!
The next few things that happened all happened so fast that I don't even know where to begin! On September 12th (only about a month after I convinced Jeremiah that #3 was a good idea), we got a call from an amazing birthmom, Jayci that was 33 weeks pregnant. We had met her before and her parents were very good friends of ours. That phone call was one of the best phone calls I've had in my life! She was officially "picking us" to adopt her baby!! For anyone that has never adopted, that phone call is about as EXCITING and AMAZING as the moment you get a positive pregnancy test! I couldn't have been happier during that phone call. I was sitting at Ayden's soccer practice with Zoe. When I told her that she was going to be a big sister, she got the BIGGEST smile on her face. And after practice, when I told Ayden, he started jumping up and down and screaming with excitement! He kept yelling, "We're gonna have a baby....we're gonna have a baby"!!!! Needless to say, we were all excited and it was a day of CELEBRATION!! The next night we were in the adoption agency's office starting the process!! This was so much different than we had done before....with Ayden and Zoe, we had decided to adopt, filled out our paperwork, turned it in, waited and waited and waited to get approved......then waited and waited and waited for a birthmom to pick us! This time, we did everything backwards.....we were picked first and had to get approved quickly....very quickly because this baby was due so soon!!!
The next day, Jeremiah took the day off work and we were starting the process.....first step, 3,124 sets of fingerprints!! HAHA!! With our first 2 adoptions, LDS Family Services always tells people to expect it to take 3-6 months to fill out your paperwork and return it to the agency....and then expect another couple months to get approved!! With Ayden and Zoe, I thought I was super fast....finishing everything in about a month! Well, that first day we started with this one was a Wednesday and we were finished with EVERYTHING we had to do and everything we had to fill out by the next Monday!!! And the agency had us approved about 2 short weeks after that!! Wow....MIRACLE to say the least!! In fact, we have experienced miracles along the entire way with this adoption. This adoption has been one of the most spiritual experiences I have ever had......some things are even too private to share out loud.....but we have witnessed miracle after miracle! And because of that, I am even MORE convinced that this baby was meant to be in our family!
A little bit about our birthmom. She is an amazing girl. She is strong. She has unwavering faith. She performed one of the most unselfish acts that most of us can't even IMAGINE doing.....let alone being strong enough to follow through with. I love birthmoms. There is something special about them. They are all amazing. They all have stories. They all love their babies so much that they want to give them more than they can give themselves. With adoption, we are not only blessed to have children that we can't have on our own, but we are blessed to have birthmoms in our lives! Lucky us!! A double blessing!! The first time that Ayden and Zoe met Jayci, they loved her and were attached. They didn't need to warm up to her at all....it was love at first sight!! Jeremiah and I both noticed a special bond that we have seen them have with their own birthmoms. It's funny how with adopted kids, not only do they love their own birthmoms, but they love each others birthmoms. Zoe and Ayden love each others birthmoms like their own.....and their birthmoms are just as good to one as they are the other!! So seeing this bond that they INSTANTLY felt with Jayci was exciting and refreshing!! When they saw that Jayci had a baby in her tummy, they immediately asked us if we could adopt her baby......Zoe even flat out asked her one day!! We couldn't believe it....we obviously didn't tell her to do that, but she did and it was cute! :) Once again, she obviously knew something that we all didn't know yet! We have been amazed over and over and over again throughout this experience at the things that Ayden and Zoe have said......and all we can think to say is "out of the mouths of babes"!! AMAZING!!!
Now that we were "chosen" and approved, we spent the next couple weeks getting to know Jayci more and getting our house ready to welcome a new baby!! Since we had sold and gotten rid of all of our baby stuff, we really had nothing!! I didn't want to buy EVERYTHING brand new since we knew this was our last baby for sure! Luckily we had friends that were so nice and willing to let us borrow all their baby stuff....there were only a few must haves that we had to buy ourselves!! YAY!!
So we were ready.....the crib was up, the car seat was installed, the drawers were filled with clothes, formula was in the pantry, diapers and wipes became part of our grocery list again and the infant car seat was installed!! And it's a good thing we were prepared!! Jayci had a pre-term labor scare at 34 weeks and started having regular contractions at 37 weeks!! So we knew this baby was coming soon!! She had the baby 2 1/2 weeks early by C-section.....he weighed 6 lbs 11 oz and was 19 in long! I was able to go to the hospital the night he was born and see him and Jayci! He was perfect.....he was adorable!! She was amazing and I felt more love for her than I did when she picked us! Seeing Maddix, it was love at first sight.....the same feeling that I felt the second that I saw Ayden and the second that I saw Zoe in the hospital! It is a funny thing about adoption.....funny that when we were having trouble getting pregnant and thinking about adopting that my #1 concern with adoption was that I wouldn't be able to bond with a baby that I didn't carry for 9 months.....and that we wouldn't feel like they were meant to be "our" babies! For the 3rd time in a row, we were proved wrong!! That couldn't be farther from the truth and we were in love! Jayci was so sweet to let us come to the hospital and see him each day that she was there! The kids were so excited that they could FINALLY meet their baby brother!! It was such a neat thing to see them meet him for the first time! They were in love! And the bond that they felt towards him was instant as well!! To them, he was already "brother", even while still in Jayci's tummy!!
We were able to bring Maddix home from the hospital on Sunday, October 9th! The kids couldn't wait for that day! It was like the greatest Christmas they had ever had....2 months early! And it has only gotten better every day! They are still in love.....we are all in love! I think our love grows more and more for him every day! Ayden will randomly say at least 20 times a day....."I love baby Maddix......I am so glad that he is my brother"! I forgot what a great feeling it is to have a newborn in the house again. And this time, I feel like I am enjoying it 100%!! When Zoe was born, we came home to a 21 month old little boy as well....I had 2 babies to take care of....I was busy! Life was definitely harder then! Life is good now.....I can sit on the couch all day and hold this sweet newborn if I want!! Yes, I still have 2 other kids to take care of, but at least they play so well together and can keep each other company and they are independent enough to get themselves dressed and fed and bathed.......and they are both the greatest helpers ever....grabbing diapers or wipes for Mommy.....or a binky or toy for Maddix!! It has only been 2 weeks, but #3 is definitely fun and easy so far!! I am actually enjoying getting up in the middle of the night.....sitting in the quiet house feeding that little boy a bottle while I hold him close, stare at him, think how lucky we are to have him, and thank my Heavenly Father for ANOTHER great blessing!!
He is the sweetest little boy with the sweetest little spirit! He has fit into our family since day 1! He is calm....he hardly every cries....he eats and poops like a champ....and he is already on a schedule!! I LOVE having 3 kids.....it's funny, but I really do feel COMPLETE now! I cannot imagine our lives as just a family of 4. For some reason, family of 5 seems to be ideal....it is perfect for us! I love having the 3 of them in the back of my car. I love having the 5 of us around the dinner table. I love having 3 kids to tuck in at night. He completes our family.....and that is such a good feeling! We are so blessed to have him in our family. We are so very grateful to his birthmom for sacrificing for us. We can't wait to see him grow and become best buddies with his brother and sister! And I can't wait to see him change and become his own little man.....he has changed so much in 2 weeks, that it makes me excited to watch him develop over the years! We love you little Maddix!!
Here are loads of pictures from the first time we met the little guy!! It's crazy to see how much he has already changed in just 2 weeks!!!!
Meeting Mr. Maddix for the 1st time at about 10 pm on Thursday night....a couple hours after he was born!

All cleaned up.....


Zoe meeting Maddix for the first time...






I love those chubby cheeks!! :)

Sunday afternoon......just getting home from the hospital with baby Maddix!! Ayden and Zoe were at home with Grandma Brenda and couldn't wait for us to walk through the door!!!

And then the holding marathon began......we just couldn't get enough......



I'm so lucky to have 3 cute boys in my life.....


And I could just sit here.....forever.....just like this......


You gotta laugh when the binky is almost as big as the baby's face!! :)

The Grandma's have done plenty of lovin' on baby Maddix!! Grandma Brenda and Maddix......




Dang we are lucky that all 3 of these little ones are ours!! Seriously.....what did we do to deserve such great kids?!?!?

And if that smile alone doesn't say it all, then I will tell you that they have been BEYOND happy!! I thought Disneyland or toys made my kids happy......I've learned that nothing hits that happy spot as much as a newborn baby brother does!!! LoVe!!!!

Check out those lashes....


First sponge bath....not too happy....


I love carseat pics.....can't ever seem to get enough of them....

Big sister checking to make sure everything is ok in there.... :)

So cute.....I love those perfect little lips!!


Another happy brother/sister moment.....



All conked out on Daddy's chest!! Jeremiah and I secretly look forward to bedtime when we can put Ayden and Zoe to bed and the house gets quiet and we can have this cute little guy all to ourselves!! :)


Ayden is such a good helper.....even wants to help changing diapers and feeding!!!


We have definitely been cooped up at home more lately than we are used to!! Ayden and Zoe have had to get creative to pass the time.....witches riding on a broomstick.....








LOVE this picture SO MUCH!!!!

Our first "family of 5" picture!!!! To me, this picture spells.....C-O-M-P-L-E-T-E!!!!

Just "hanging" out!! Maddix loves being on his tummy!!!




We're so lucky to have Jayci, Maddix's cute birthmom, living so close to us for a couple more weeks before she moves to Utah!! We have seen her a couple times and love spending time with her!! :)


Ayden, Jayci and Maddix....with Jayci's parents, Mark & Lori....


Maddix and Grandma Lori....

Ayden, my bestest helper.....I love his face in this picture!! The kid does NOT stop smiling when Maddix is within reach!!

Big boy...

Grammy Con came to stay for a couple nights again....we love her help and the kids love bedtime with Grammy around.....

Although we decided that we should wait til early next year to turn in our adoption papers, I couldn't get this "urgent" feeling out of my mind. Patience has never been one of my strengths.......so again, this was a test!! My mind was consumed by baby thoughts.....I was obsessed with the idea.....it drove me nuts 24/7!! :) And January felt so far away!!!!
The next few things that happened all happened so fast that I don't even know where to begin! On September 12th (only about a month after I convinced Jeremiah that #3 was a good idea), we got a call from an amazing birthmom, Jayci that was 33 weeks pregnant. We had met her before and her parents were very good friends of ours. That phone call was one of the best phone calls I've had in my life! She was officially "picking us" to adopt her baby!! For anyone that has never adopted, that phone call is about as EXCITING and AMAZING as the moment you get a positive pregnancy test! I couldn't have been happier during that phone call. I was sitting at Ayden's soccer practice with Zoe. When I told her that she was going to be a big sister, she got the BIGGEST smile on her face. And after practice, when I told Ayden, he started jumping up and down and screaming with excitement! He kept yelling, "We're gonna have a baby....we're gonna have a baby"!!!! Needless to say, we were all excited and it was a day of CELEBRATION!! The next night we were in the adoption agency's office starting the process!! This was so much different than we had done before....with Ayden and Zoe, we had decided to adopt, filled out our paperwork, turned it in, waited and waited and waited to get approved......then waited and waited and waited for a birthmom to pick us! This time, we did everything backwards.....we were picked first and had to get approved quickly....very quickly because this baby was due so soon!!!
The next day, Jeremiah took the day off work and we were starting the process.....first step, 3,124 sets of fingerprints!! HAHA!! With our first 2 adoptions, LDS Family Services always tells people to expect it to take 3-6 months to fill out your paperwork and return it to the agency....and then expect another couple months to get approved!! With Ayden and Zoe, I thought I was super fast....finishing everything in about a month! Well, that first day we started with this one was a Wednesday and we were finished with EVERYTHING we had to do and everything we had to fill out by the next Monday!!! And the agency had us approved about 2 short weeks after that!! Wow....MIRACLE to say the least!! In fact, we have experienced miracles along the entire way with this adoption. This adoption has been one of the most spiritual experiences I have ever had......some things are even too private to share out loud.....but we have witnessed miracle after miracle! And because of that, I am even MORE convinced that this baby was meant to be in our family!
A little bit about our birthmom. She is an amazing girl. She is strong. She has unwavering faith. She performed one of the most unselfish acts that most of us can't even IMAGINE doing.....let alone being strong enough to follow through with. I love birthmoms. There is something special about them. They are all amazing. They all have stories. They all love their babies so much that they want to give them more than they can give themselves. With adoption, we are not only blessed to have children that we can't have on our own, but we are blessed to have birthmoms in our lives! Lucky us!! A double blessing!! The first time that Ayden and Zoe met Jayci, they loved her and were attached. They didn't need to warm up to her at all....it was love at first sight!! Jeremiah and I both noticed a special bond that we have seen them have with their own birthmoms. It's funny how with adopted kids, not only do they love their own birthmoms, but they love each others birthmoms. Zoe and Ayden love each others birthmoms like their own.....and their birthmoms are just as good to one as they are the other!! So seeing this bond that they INSTANTLY felt with Jayci was exciting and refreshing!! When they saw that Jayci had a baby in her tummy, they immediately asked us if we could adopt her baby......Zoe even flat out asked her one day!! We couldn't believe it....we obviously didn't tell her to do that, but she did and it was cute! :) Once again, she obviously knew something that we all didn't know yet! We have been amazed over and over and over again throughout this experience at the things that Ayden and Zoe have said......and all we can think to say is "out of the mouths of babes"!! AMAZING!!!
Now that we were "chosen" and approved, we spent the next couple weeks getting to know Jayci more and getting our house ready to welcome a new baby!! Since we had sold and gotten rid of all of our baby stuff, we really had nothing!! I didn't want to buy EVERYTHING brand new since we knew this was our last baby for sure! Luckily we had friends that were so nice and willing to let us borrow all their baby stuff....there were only a few must haves that we had to buy ourselves!! YAY!!
So we were ready.....the crib was up, the car seat was installed, the drawers were filled with clothes, formula was in the pantry, diapers and wipes became part of our grocery list again and the infant car seat was installed!! And it's a good thing we were prepared!! Jayci had a pre-term labor scare at 34 weeks and started having regular contractions at 37 weeks!! So we knew this baby was coming soon!! She had the baby 2 1/2 weeks early by C-section.....he weighed 6 lbs 11 oz and was 19 in long! I was able to go to the hospital the night he was born and see him and Jayci! He was perfect.....he was adorable!! She was amazing and I felt more love for her than I did when she picked us! Seeing Maddix, it was love at first sight.....the same feeling that I felt the second that I saw Ayden and the second that I saw Zoe in the hospital! It is a funny thing about adoption.....funny that when we were having trouble getting pregnant and thinking about adopting that my #1 concern with adoption was that I wouldn't be able to bond with a baby that I didn't carry for 9 months.....and that we wouldn't feel like they were meant to be "our" babies! For the 3rd time in a row, we were proved wrong!! That couldn't be farther from the truth and we were in love! Jayci was so sweet to let us come to the hospital and see him each day that she was there! The kids were so excited that they could FINALLY meet their baby brother!! It was such a neat thing to see them meet him for the first time! They were in love! And the bond that they felt towards him was instant as well!! To them, he was already "brother", even while still in Jayci's tummy!!
We were able to bring Maddix home from the hospital on Sunday, October 9th! The kids couldn't wait for that day! It was like the greatest Christmas they had ever had....2 months early! And it has only gotten better every day! They are still in love.....we are all in love! I think our love grows more and more for him every day! Ayden will randomly say at least 20 times a day....."I love baby Maddix......I am so glad that he is my brother"! I forgot what a great feeling it is to have a newborn in the house again. And this time, I feel like I am enjoying it 100%!! When Zoe was born, we came home to a 21 month old little boy as well....I had 2 babies to take care of....I was busy! Life was definitely harder then! Life is good now.....I can sit on the couch all day and hold this sweet newborn if I want!! Yes, I still have 2 other kids to take care of, but at least they play so well together and can keep each other company and they are independent enough to get themselves dressed and fed and bathed.......and they are both the greatest helpers ever....grabbing diapers or wipes for Mommy.....or a binky or toy for Maddix!! It has only been 2 weeks, but #3 is definitely fun and easy so far!! I am actually enjoying getting up in the middle of the night.....sitting in the quiet house feeding that little boy a bottle while I hold him close, stare at him, think how lucky we are to have him, and thank my Heavenly Father for ANOTHER great blessing!!
He is the sweetest little boy with the sweetest little spirit! He has fit into our family since day 1! He is calm....he hardly every cries....he eats and poops like a champ....and he is already on a schedule!! I LOVE having 3 kids.....it's funny, but I really do feel COMPLETE now! I cannot imagine our lives as just a family of 4. For some reason, family of 5 seems to be ideal....it is perfect for us! I love having the 3 of them in the back of my car. I love having the 5 of us around the dinner table. I love having 3 kids to tuck in at night. He completes our family.....and that is such a good feeling! We are so blessed to have him in our family. We are so very grateful to his birthmom for sacrificing for us. We can't wait to see him grow and become best buddies with his brother and sister! And I can't wait to see him change and become his own little man.....he has changed so much in 2 weeks, that it makes me excited to watch him develop over the years! We love you little Maddix!!
Here are loads of pictures from the first time we met the little guy!! It's crazy to see how much he has already changed in just 2 weeks!!!!
Meeting Mr. Maddix for the 1st time at about 10 pm on Thursday night....a couple hours after he was born!

All cleaned up.....

Ayden meeting Maddix for the first time.....

Zoe meeting Maddix for the first time...

Entering the hospital.....bearing gifts for Jayci & Maddix.....



Proud big brother and sister (even tho Zoe looks less than thrilled).....


I love those chubby cheeks!! :)

Sunday afternoon......just getting home from the hospital with baby Maddix!! Ayden and Zoe were at home with Grandma Brenda and couldn't wait for us to walk through the door!!!

And then the holding marathon began......we just couldn't get enough......



I'm so lucky to have 3 cute boys in my life.....


And I could just sit here.....forever.....just like this......


You gotta laugh when the binky is almost as big as the baby's face!! :)

The Grandma's have done plenty of lovin' on baby Maddix!! Grandma Brenda and Maddix......

Grammy Con and Maddix......can you believe that I caught that smile on camera?!?!? Neither can I!!! And can you believe that his dimples are THAT big?!?! Neither can I!!! :)

My mom came and stayed with us for almost 5 days......it was a GREAT help! She did everything.....washed bottles, put Ayden and Zoe to bed, folded laundry, made dinners, and EVEN woke up in the night to help feed Maddix!! I'm so lucky to have her!!
Grammy Con reading Halloween books to all 3 babies.....

As soon as we brought Maddix home, Zoe became "Mommy" to all her babies!! She almost always has a baby in her arms....feeds them, burps them, rocks them.....she does it all!! Baby Maddix is going to help her become a great Mommy one day!!

Dang we are lucky that all 3 of these little ones are ours!! Seriously.....what did we do to deserve such great kids?!?!?

And if that smile alone doesn't say it all, then I will tell you that they have been BEYOND happy!! I thought Disneyland or toys made my kids happy......I've learned that nothing hits that happy spot as much as a newborn baby brother does!!! LoVe!!!!

Check out those lashes....

He absolutely LOVES his swing.....he would be content being in here 24/7!! Ayden and Zoe loved this same swing too....we sold ours last year and my parents bought us another one....greatest purchase EVER!!

First sponge bath....not too happy....


I love carseat pics.....can't ever seem to get enough of them....

Big sister checking to make sure everything is ok in there.... :)

So cute.....I love those perfect little lips!!


Another happy brother/sister moment.....



All conked out on Daddy's chest!! Jeremiah and I secretly look forward to bedtime when we can put Ayden and Zoe to bed and the house gets quiet and we can have this cute little guy all to ourselves!! :)


Ayden is such a good helper.....even wants to help changing diapers and feeding!!!


We have definitely been cooped up at home more lately than we are used to!! Ayden and Zoe have had to get creative to pass the time.....witches riding on a broomstick.....





Ayden loves that his little brother picks him up at school every day.....he shows him off to EVERYONE he sees!! And he makes sure to tell everyone that they "can just look, but no touching"!! HAHA!



LOVE this picture SO MUCH!!!!

Our first "family of 5" picture!!!! To me, this picture spells.....C-O-M-P-L-E-T-E!!!!

Just "hanging" out!! Maddix loves being on his tummy!!!



He fell asleep in the tub during his first "real" bath after his umbilical cord fell off!! Does that tell you what an easy and content baby he is?!?!?

We're so lucky to have Jayci, Maddix's cute birthmom, living so close to us for a couple more weeks before she moves to Utah!! We have seen her a couple times and love spending time with her!! :)

Ayden, Jayci and Maddix....with Jayci's parents, Mark & Lori....

Ayden and Zoe have accepted Mark & Lori into our family as their 3rd set of grandparents!! :) They love them!! Mark & Lori were reading stories to the kids while we were visiting with Jayci....

Maddix and Grandma Lori....

Ayden, my bestest helper.....I love his face in this picture!! The kid does NOT stop smiling when Maddix is within reach!!

Big boy...

Grammy Con came to stay for a couple nights again....we love her help and the kids love bedtime with Grammy around.....

It's been a wOndeRfuL 2 weeks!! We have enjoyed every minute of it!! We are grateful!!


13 comments:
So so so HAPPY for you guys!!! He is such a cutie and you are indeed tremendously blessed with your complete family, you've been patient and faithful and it shows!! ;) you guys are such examples to us and we look forward to our future "birth story" because of you guys! Thanks so much for sharing, like always and cannot wait to meet the little guy!
What an a amazing story!! He is adorable and your pictures are so fun to look at. What a lucky little guy to be a part of our guy's family. What a blessing.
Alright, I need to make another comment because those pictures are adorable. WOW. What a cutie! So dark and handsome. What an incredible story! Thanks so much for sharing!
I love all of these pictures Lindz! Your kids are in love for sure!! Jayci is beautiful...wow my heart was soo full seeing the pics of her and her parents. Such an amazing sacrifice....but easier I'm sure knowing he will be in YOUR family!! I can't believe you have now captured MORE THAN ONE picture with his perfect smile and dimples....think there are lots more of those to come on Mr. Maddix!! Can't wait to see them all!! Here is the rest of my comment from the other post in case you are wanting to delete that one, sure love you guys and couldn't be more excited for all 5 of you!!!!XOXOX.....Here is the old one: I have been checking this blog several times daily to be sure I didn't miss this, been DYING to read it! What a special story!! It is amazing how the Spirit works with us. You just knew he was waiting and needed to come to your family. I love how Ayden and Zoe have had such a big part in it as well. I wish I could post your blog for all the yw I know who are choosing to keep their babies, when there are soo many amazing people like you just waiting to love a baby and bring them into their families. Now I want to talk to you to hear about all your little miracles that you experienced along the way. He is soo gorgeous and I love the pics you did with Carrie. He is soo lucky to be a part of your family...and get the great cousins and aunts and uncles and grandparents that he will have between your fam and Jeremiah's family!! One lucky little guy!! Sooo impressed with Jayci...such a sacrifice. She must be truly amazing!! Can't wait to watch him grow!! Congratulations on this perfect little gift!!
So, so happy for you Lindz. I couldn't wait to hear the birth story- so thanks for sharing! Crying happy tears for you guys. I think the baby and birth mom are so lucky to have you and your amazing family in their life now... you guys are great! Good luck with your cute family of FIVE! :)
OH man, I am crying!!! I am so happy for you and Jeremiah. You guys give me such hope for our adoption process. You have such a Beautiful family!
Congratulations. That is a beautiful story and family photo. We couldn't be happier for you guys! On a side note we had our house painted and had can lights put in. That's probably why it looks so different.
What an amazing story! He is absolutely beautiful, and lucky to be in your family. I'm so happy for you!
I am SO happy for you guys! It still blows me away this happened so fast! From this summer talking about having another child and now you do! I guess it should be of no surprise since when you get something in your head you make it happen! I LOVE that Ayden wanted me to have a baby for you! I felt so honored! I guess I don't have to now you are complete! :) The picture of your family of 5 is so great! You guys are all beaming and you feel the love! You are are truly blessed with 3 great kids and they are blessed with 2 great parents! Love you guys!
what a sweet sweet boy. he's even cuter in person...is that even possible?
Happy new baby! So so happy for you guys.
Cried and cried through this! I am so happy for you guys! You are amazing people and deserve it! Enjoy every minute
I loved reading this--- I felt like crying and dancing at the same time. I am so happy for you and your family!!!!! You are an excellent writer!!! :)
Post a Comment