I would first like to announce that this is the first ever (and maybe the last) blog post written by Jeremiah. Yes I wrote this. Now, I don't blog about anything. I only blog about significant world changing events, which leads us to the purpose of this post. Ayden, at the age of 3 1/2, rode his bike without training wheels on Jan. 2nd, 2010. (I think this is pretty awesome since I didn't learn to ride my bike without training wheels until I was 5 years old and Lindsay was 6 years old!) This date will go down in the history books, just like Dec. 17, 1903 (Wright brothers first flight). In 20 or so years when Ayden is the winningest Tour de France rider ever, people will look back on this date just like we look back on and celebrate July 4th 1776.



The above sequence of pictures is of Ayden's first unassisted ride without training wheels (approximately 50yrds). This is a view that Ayden's competitors will just have to get used to, Ayden's backside getting smaller as he disappears into the distance. The only thing I have to do now is build his endurance from 50 yrds to 100 mi or so. Easy!!!

This video was shot the evening after his first successful ride. I'm sure this video will be used in one of those athlete bio clips between events on Tour de France broadcasts.
The only problem with my plan is that so far, whenever I ask him if he wants to ride his bike, he says no. I have to bribe him with candy and other things that he likes. However, I did round up some neighborhood kids this evening and set up an unoffical race. This lit up his competitive fire and he rode quite a few laps around the track we set up. Although he lost by a significant margin and some of the kids were on scooters and others were running, I'm sure Jan. 3rd, 2010 will also be a historical date.
AYDEN IS FREAKING AWESOME!!!
(can you tell I am a proud Dad??? Way to go Aydee Doo!)


21 comments:
Can we get his autograph? Nice post Jeremiah!
Sure Marci, as soon as he can spell his name and write, I will get an autographed picture to you.
J
Definately a day to go down in history! Is "winningest" even a word?? :)
Of course it is and it is a word that will be used quite often in the same sentance as the name Ayden. (if only by his dad)
winningest
Wow--I am impressed! What was your secret? Let me guess--it's just an innate ability.... He looks pretty cute on that bike. It's fun to know famous people :)
Ok, this is Lindsay...I'm wishing I never gave Jeremiah my blogger password!! =) As you can see, Jeremiah missed the lesson in church last Sunday on "being humble"....he said he wanted "just ONE post", so I guess I will let him have his glory on this one and hopefully he will get it out of his system!!
And Kahlia....I said the same thing to him about the word "winningest"!!
I love that Jeremiah did a post- what a proud dad! Good job Ayden!
That IS awesome. I had to call Jackson over to see this little boy that is younger than him riding his bike. He wanted to watch the video over and over!
LOVE it!! Jeremiah, I knew winningest was an actual word and was very impressed with your skills! I think Ayden has a really good chance to be what you dream for him, I love how he looks right back to you after taking a spill! He loves his daddy! This is such a fun post thanks for sharing! Now Seth and I need to get Mitch on a bike pronto! ;)
I think this is the best and most relevant post ever to be "bloged" about. He may be the best for a time, until my kid (hypothetical) will dethrone his cousin as the all time "winningest" cyclist ever! But until then Aydee will continue to make the french embarrassed they can't win their own race!
Wow! Ayden is not only going to be as smart ("genius" :) as his dad but NOW he has his physcial attributes as well! Way to go Aydee!
Nice post Jeremiah! At least one person in your household has some cycling skills. Keep it up Aydee!
Dude...your father-in-law gave you a nice smackdown! That was awesome! Way to go Joe!
Marci......That is my brother in law....he is pretty much the worst cyclist I know of. He wouldn't know a seat post from a spoke.
If anyone is interested in teaching a child how to ride a bike I will be starting a new blog. Bikegenius.blogspot.com (or something to that extent) in my first post I will explain my proven 5 step program..........nevermind I won't be making a blog because it would cut out on cycling time.
Steve told me. You guys are funny. Miss you!
A proud day for the mother of the son who's son is the winningest! I know my sons are competitive amongst themselves...but, this is really going to explode with their children, and I don't think it will just be the boys only! "Like Father Like Son", I have a good example of this! The 29th of December Jeremiah rode the train to Fullerton and arrived at our home at 7 AM on his bike ready to ride 28.7 miles round trip from our house up Carbon Canyon. Branden, Kristen, and Frank were here for Christmas and rode also with Gary and I, (Kirt had to work). We meet up with 2 of my bike riding friends, for 8 total. Jeremiah was riding towards the end of the pace line going up the canyon, as the hill progressed and the cars thinned out, he worked his way up to the front and as he passed Gary and I on our tandem bike he said, "The Race is On!" We laughed and he took off up the mountain and it was his back we saw get smaller and smaller till he was out of sight...We passed him twice going down the mountain hitting 40 MPH, he made sure that didn't happen again...at the end of the ride I asked my friend Colin how he enjoyed riding with Jeremiah? His reply was, "Well I didn't really get to ride with him, it was only his back I saw in front of me."
Awesome riding Ayden, you've got skills!!!
Grandma Brenda
Wow that is really good Ayden! That is rather young. I think you have a smart one on your hands. He does everything young! And Jeremiah I am sure it was all your teaching skills! I am shocked that you posted that really shows how proud you are! I guess we really need to get James out on his bike everyday so Ayden doesn't leave him in the dust!
I just showed this to Craig and he thinks that is awesome...he is going to take this very serious now of getting James to ride a bike without training wheels. We know Ayden has 9 months on him but as long as James does it by October then we are on track!
Haha.... I have to laugh because my Nate rode his bike at 3 1/2 also....the only difference is that he is so short (who knows why) but people thought he looked like he was barely 2 years old. We would take the boys to park to ride bikes and jaws were dropping. Some guy came up to us and said that he was a scout for some high school sport and wanted to know what school district we would be in....too funny! Way to go Aydee!
Aydie you so crazhey!! That is so cute!! Thank you Jeremiah for the reporting on only the most important items at the Smith house.
Suh-weet post Jeremiah! Granted, my Bryce turns 3 in a few weeks and we are gonna smash your record! =) Still love the post...and the video at the end!! Way to go Ayden!
Post a Comment